It's nice to meet you
I'm Maddy, a passionate & innovative designer, recent architecture school grad, and music fanatic focused on combining different disciplines and mediums to build powerful and engaging experiences.
Born in London, raised in Sydney and based in Los Angeles, I am an enthusiastic designer that blends strategy with storytelling.
Personally, I’m gregarious, self-motivated, and intuitive. I take time to listen and I love stepping out of my comfort zone to learn something new.
Professionally, I’ve worked in high-paced, team-oriented environments but am also comfortable with freelancing and startup spaces.
I am not afraid to tackle a challenge or give my own opinion. I welcome critique and am always creating.
Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, Rhino 3D, AutoCAD, Figma, Procreate, Google Suite
University of Southern California
Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies
Graduation: May 2021, 3.7 GPA
Honors: Dean’s List, Cum Laude graduate
Relevant Coursework: Architecture Studio, Product Design, Designing for Live Experiences, Exhibition Design, Seismic Design, Design for the Luminous and Sonic Environment, Rapid Visualization
Creative Direction, Architectural Design, Project Management, Organization, Branding & Identity, Teamwork, Storytelling, Social Media Marketing
Things that actually pay me
I recently graduated USC with my Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies and accompanying thesis that explores the intersection of ritual and live music performance. I’d love to share it with you!
The next step is to continue innovating and getting my hands dirty. I hope to use my design and architecture skills to tell stories and connect to people, either through the design of products, places, events or experiences.
Graphic Design Intern
Think Creative Agency | Sydney
- Created high impact marketing content for events, promotions, EDMs, websites, social media, advertising, etc.
- Participated in design meetings and provided feedback for iterations.
The PAO App | Remote
- Content creator for startup app focused on highlighting hidden travel gems around the world
- Participated in UX, UI and app user growth
Server, Barista & Bartender
Little Ruby | Los Angeles
April 2019 - February 2020
- Closing shift lead for weekends
- Greeted and seated customers
- Prepared drink orders and ran food
- Completed nightly financial reports
Dulce USC | Los Angeles
August 2019 - Current
- Open store and dial-in the coffee each morning
- Greet customers and take orders
- Prepare drinks orders and run food
- Assist with prep and restock
Creative Director & Head Designer
GEN-ZiNE | Los Angeles
October 2019 - Current
- Oversee and delegate all creative asset generation across multiple platforms including print, Instagram, website and marketing.
- Communicate with design team and writers to effectively illustrate the stories we are publishing
- Establish brand identity
- Creative lead for all printed magazines (issues 3 and onwards)
Production Design Assistant
American Film Institute| Los Angeles
March 2020 - Current
- Produced high quality set pieces, including wall panelling, brick work etc.
- Delegated build work across all members of production
- Assisted PD with material suggestions that worked within budget